Dr Regina Edziyie
Department Fisheries and Watershed Management
Office-location Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources, Room 121
Phone: Cellular (+233) 572 921 090
Department: Fisheries and Watershed Management
Office: Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources, Room 121
Address: Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- BSc Natural Resource Mgt - Major: Fisheries (KNUST, Kumasi)
- MS Aquaculture/Fisheries (University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, USA)
- MS Applied Geography- Water Resources (University of North Texas, USA)
- PhD Environmental Sciences- Aquatic Ecology & Toxicology (UNT, TX)
- Pond Water Quality and Plankton Ecology, Aquatic Ecology
- Aquatic Toxicology, Culture of ‘new’ Aquaculture Species,
- Environmental Science and Education, Applied Geography.
- FSA 256: Aquatic Toxicology
- FRM 356: Experimental Design and Data Analysis
- FSA 357: Fisheries Ecology
- FSA 354: Fisheries Management
- FSA 371: Water Quality
- Introduction to Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Environmental Science
- Earth Sciences (On-line)
- Supervision of student projects (BSc., MSc. and PhD)
- Internal Examiner - Department of Fisheries and Watershed Management, KNUST
- Home Country PI, Ghana USAID/AquaFish Innovation lab proposal- “Enhancing the nutritional value of tilapia for human health”.
- Co-Investigator: BSU Outreach for Sustainable Agriculture & Aquatic Products in Ghana
- Co-Investigator: DANIDA: Sustainable Fish feed development in Ghana (DFC file no. 13-P01-GHA, April 2014 – March 2017)
- Edziyie, R. E. (2000). Some aspects of the reproductive biology of Chrysichthys species from ponds in Ashanti Region, Ghana. BSc. Thesis, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
- Edziyie, R. (2004). The Effect of Propanil on Five Pond Plankton Communities. Doctoral dissertation, MS Thesis, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, Pine Bluff, AR, USA.
- Neal, J.W., S. Shreay, N.E. Heitman, M.C. Leao, K. R. Winningham, R.E. Edziyie and C. Jackson. 2004. Hybrid striped bass in urban ponds: a pilot study on angler demographics, attitudes and fishing success. Proc. Annual Conf. Southeast. Assoc., Fish & Wildlife Agencies 58: 130-138.
- Coogan, M. A., Edziyie, R.E., La Point, T. W. and Venables, B.J.2007. Algal bioaccumulation of triclocarban, triclosan and methyl triclosan in a North Texas Wastewater Treatment Plant. Chemosphere, 67(10):1911-1918.
- Edziyie, R., Perschbacher, P. W., & Ludwig, G. M. (2007, February). Phytoplankton succession in sunshine bass fry ponds and the effect of Aquashade®. In Book of Abstracts Aquaculture America (p. 273).
- Perschbacher, P. U., Ludwig, G., & Edziyie, R. U. (2007, February). Effects of drift from 39 aerially-applied herbicides on production pond plankton and water quality. In Book of Abstracts Aquaculture America (p. 70).
- Perschbacher, P. W., G.M. Ludwig and Edziyie, R. 2008. Effects of atrazine drift on production pond plankton and water quality using experimental mesocosms. Journal of World Aquaculture Society, 39(1):126-130
- Ludwig, G.M., Perschbacher, P. W., and Edziyie, R. 2010. The effect of the dye Aquashade on water quality, phytoplankton, zooplankton, and sunshine bass fingerling production in fertilized culture ponds. Journal of World Aquaculture Society,41(S1):40-48
- Perschabcher, P. and R. Edziyie, G. M. Ludwig. 2 012. Row Crop Herbicide Drift Effects on water bodies and aquaculture. In Herbicides/ Book 3. Ed. M.N. A. E. Hassanem. Intech Publishers.
- Over 20 oral/poster presentations at American and World Aquaculture conferences, Association of American Geographers Association, Sigma Xi meeting, Regional and National Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry meetings, American Fisheries meeting etc
- Moderator, resource person, attendee, Women in Aquaculture, AquaFish Collaborative Research Support Program, Workshop Programme 8-9th January 2013, KNUST, Kumasi & Akosombo, Ghana
- Co-organizer and attendee, Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) Workshop, National Science Foundation RET site (UNT), 5th November, 2011. UNT, Denton, Texas.
- Participant, Building Stronger Universities, GEP Strategizing Outreach for Sustainable Agriculture and Aquatic Products in Ghana, 25th March, 2013, International Centre for Innovative Learning, Kumasi, Ghana
- Arkansas State University, May 07, 2004. Effect of propanil on water quality & plankton in aquaculture ponds.
- University of North Texas, Denton; Sediment Toxicology Class, October 29, 2009. Fate, transport and effects of triclosan and triclocarban in aquatic ecosystems.
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. September 06, 2011. Antimicrobials in waste-water receiving streams.
- Organizing Committee Regional SETAC meeting, 2005.
- Student Activities Committee US Aquaculture Society, 2006.
- Search Committee for GIS Faculty Department of Geography, UNT.